HAP - studio programme
Scholarship period: 01.03.2023 - 28.02.2027
The HAP Studio Programme in Frankfurt supports outstanding young artists in Hesse for a period of four years by providing a total of twelve studios free of charge at basis e.V. The grant is awarded in two years to eight or four scholarship holders. The postgraduate programme also offers professional support and networking through a specially designed mentoring programme. In addition, all facilities of basis can be used, such as the basis project room for self-organized exhibitions and events. Sponsored stays abroad, for example by AIR or HAP IEPA, can also be taken up to a total of 12 months during the programme. At the end of each funding period, a group exhibition with accompanying publication is held. Four spots are available for the class of 2023-2027.
Artists can apply:
- from and including year of birth 1983
- who have a university degree relevant to the field and are no longer enrolled at a university at the start of the programme
- who have their main residence in Hesse at the start of the programme
- also if they act as an artist group or collective
Selection criteria are:
- excellent artistic profile
- participation in exhibitions and events as well as an active artistic production
- Motivation and ability to actively participate in the programme
Formal requirements of the application:
- Completely filled out application form
- Letter of motivation (max. 2,200 characters including spaces)
- Portfolio of works (max. 16 pages)
- Digital version in one file (pdf, max. 5 mb)
- File name consisting of first name+last name+HAP Studio-Programm
The application documents must be submitted digitally by e-mail and printed out by post in English or German.
Subject: First name + last name + application HAP Studio-Programm
and by post:
For the return of the application documents, please enclose a stamped and addressed envelope.
Only applications that are complete and formally correct can be considered. Proof of main residence in Hessia must be submitted at the beginning of the programme. A jury of experts will decide on the awarding of the scholarships.
On the jury are:
- Nikola Dietrich
- Severin Dünser
- Gürsoy Doğtaş
- Jule Hillgärtner
- Bojana Kunst
Application Deadline: 31.10.2022
Scholarship holders of the year '21-'25:
James Gregory Atkinson
Questions and suggestions?