AIR_Frankfurt meets bangaloREsidency: Open for Frankfurt artists
The AIR_Frankfurt program aims to promote contemporary visual arts and international exchange between the city of Frankfurt and emerging art centers worldwide.
In 2020 the cooperation with the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore will enter its first round.
The Goethe-Institut is working with various local partner organizations in Bangalore, which will host the selected scholarship holder. Please choose one local partner organisation from this list for your application. Please pay attention to the declared "status" of the respective partner organisation. Please select only one partner organisation where "Open for applications" is indicated.
Period: October 18 - December 18, 2020
Deadline: February 29, 2020
Please note: The residency is a cooperation between AIR_Frankfurt and the bangaloREsidency program of the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore. The program includes various joint group activities with other scholarship holders from Germany.
The application procedure for Frankfurt artists, like all AIR_Frankfurt programs, is handled by basis e.V. Applications should therefore be sent to basis e.V.
The bangaloREsidency programme has been conceived as a long-term collaboration between the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore and various innovative and discerning contemporary art/cultural spaces and partners in Bangalore, with a view to offering German aspirants the opportunity to interact with Indian artists/experts, in the challenging context of Asia's fastest-growing metropolis.
Who can apply?
- AIR_Frankfurt is aimed exclusively at artists who live and work in Frankfurt.
- The artists should be highly qualified and have a successful degree from an art college
- To be fluent in English is a further requirement
What is provided?
- 1000 € of monthly financial support
- travel costs
- additional production budget
- accommodation in a studio-apartment
- integration into an artist network
- curatorial support from the hosting organization
How to apply?
Applications need to be handed in by postal service in hard copy as well as digitally via e-mail. Your application is classed as complete only when all accompanying documentation has also arrived.
A complete application in english should consist of:
- completed application form for the specific city, including descriptions of
- Professional Background (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Motivation (max. 1500 characters incl. blanks)
- Planned Projects / Expectations (max. 3000 characters incl. blanks)
- please note: pick one local partner organization for your application from this list
- artistic CV
- work portfolio or catalogue (max. 16 pages - please limit the data volume of the digital version)
60329 Frankfurt am Main
Who is selecting?
An independent jury selects up to five candidates and suggests these to an independent jury of the partner organization abroad. Of these candidates, they select a scholar who they believe is at a stage in their artistic development at which they will be likely to benefit artistically from a three month stay and who fits with the exchange program of the individual institutions the best.
Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore
October 18 - December 18, 2020
Deadline: February 29, 2020